100,000 simultaneous users. 38 days. 9 systems. One launch. Ready?
- What is it like to go from zero users to all the users in one day? How do you prepare for that?
- Have you ever dealt with perfomance problems in systems you don’t control?
- Have you ever negotiated a large-scale test with an external partner?
- Have you built an AWS architecture with the biggest possible pieces?
- Have you ever DDoSed your own site?
- Have you ever lost sleep because your application won’t horizontally scale?
This is the story of a real-life product “land rush”. It starts with designing a load test, picking tools, and isolating a slew of dependencies. That’s the easy part. The fun really starts when the load test runs. Hold on tight and we’ll ride this swarm to the finish line.