Test-driven development is a soft skill
The purpose of this talk is to give a quick, light-on-its-feet introduction to an unorthodox discipline of test-driven development ("TDD") that I've termed "Discovery Testing".
You may enjoy the content of this talk if:
- you're interested in testdouble.js, but don't want to start by diving into its relatively exhausting documentation
- you're familiar with TDD and for whatever reason didn't have a tremendously positive experience with it
- you've ever been confused by styles of testing that make heavy use of test doubles (e.g. mock objects)
Here are a few links of things either referenced in the talk or relevant to its content.
- The unusual spending kata
- A 4-part screencast series which demonstrates discovery testing in Java with a Game of Life
- A comparison between td.js and sinon
- The google results for tdd failure